Every modern business will experience a data breach at some point in its lifecycle. Reporting it to regulators and/or individuals, depending on the circumstances and nature of the data breach, is often required by law.
But many businesses still fail at the first hurdle and fail to act with the appropriate speed once a breach has been discovered, which could lead to harsher regulatory fines and greater reputational damage.
Breach Assistant is an innovative and unique mobile platform developed with deep expertise within global law firm CMS, arming businesses with information and guidance to more quickly assemble and act once a data breach has been identified.
Prompt response and action is critical, typically within the first few hours after an actual or potential breach has been detected, but businesses may be unsure of whether or not, when, how and to whom the incident should be reported and what needs to be notified. This is clear from the CMS GDPR Enforcement Tracker, which shows an unnecessarily high number of fines issued under the GDPR relate to non-compliance with breach notification obligations.
Easily accessible from the smartphone in your pocket, Breach Assistant guides those responsible for data privacy within your business through the process, offering advice relevant to a wide range of sectors and jurisdictions, particularly across Europe.
Each data incident poses new challenges for response teams, and as the GDPR/data regulation evolves, it is critical that your business’ approach to data security and data breach response do too.
The platform comprises a free version offering practical advice across 19 European countries, and a premium version available on a subscription basis.
Key additional features in the premium version include:
• Ready-to-access guidance on data laws and what you need to do and who you need to notify in the event of a data breach across 70+ countries
• Detailed sector-specific guidance for 17 European jurisdictions in key sectors such as Energy, e-ID and Trust Service Providers, Financial Services, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Marketing and Advertising, Pensions and Telecoms
• Detailed guidance on GDPR enforcement action and remedies
• In–app email feature to instantly notify and mobilise your internal data breach team
• Interactive data breach response checklist providing practical advice for dealing with a personal data breach
• A to Z of key legal and technical terms and definitions under data protection legislation and other relevant laws in Europe with detailed guidance