Apple Daily, the most outspoken pro-democracy media in Hong Kong, is launching an English platform to serve its international English-speaking readership.
Uncovering the Truth, confronting injustice and oppression.
Ever since it was founded in 1995, Apple Daily has never wavered from its mission of pursuing and speaking out the truth. Working as a guardian and protector of civil society, Apple Daily diligently holds the Hong Kong and Beijing governments to account, uncovering political scandals and wrongdoings of people in power, exposing government ineptitude and oppression, and reporting the truth to its readers. It has won many journalism prizes including:
The Society of Publishers in Asia (SOPA) Awards 2019:
– Winner of Excellence in Human Rights Reporting – Hong Kong in Political Storm: Beijing Disqualifies the Entire Younger Generation
– Winner of Excellence in Explanatory Reporting – Controversy over the world’s first gene-edited twins: a critical review
– Winner of Excellence in Reporting Breaking News – African Swine Fever inches closer to Hong Kong
– Honorable Mention for Excellence in Reporting Breaking News – HK devastated by Typhoon Manghkhut
23rd Human Rights Press Awards (2019), organized by The Foreign Correspondents’ Club Hong Kong, Amnesty International and the Hong Kong Journalists Association:
– Winner of Breaking News Writing – Liu Xia Arrives in Germany for Treatment; Fulfilling Liu Xiaobo’s Last Wish; Freedom in the End
– Merit Prize in Investigative Feature Writing – Series: Scandal of the Shatin to Central Link
Support Apple Daily; Let the Truth go Viral.
Our new English Platform offers a daily “Editor’s Selection” providing news and analysis on important issues in Hong Kong and mainland China that are firmly based on the best principles of fearless Fourth Estate journalism. The “Editor’s Selection” includes a rich offering of topical news, in-depth reports, interviews, columnists’ essays, opinion pieces, and other features.
Know the uncensored Truth in HK and Mainland China. Subscribe to Apple Daily.
“An apple a day keeps the fake news away!”